cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

richa112
Joining in

Hi 

We had our broadband installed on Friday and the engineer said that it needed to be as close to the incoming service as possible so its now under a sofa in the kitchen. Not the greatest of locations as im sure you can imagine. Please can you arrange for me to get it re-located? I know thats theres a £25 pound fee. Many thanks, Rich 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the installer wanted away quickly?  The Hubs are supposed to be out in the open so allow a better Wifi signal.  Anyway, it will take a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss with you directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the installer lied through his teeth - wait for VM here for a day or two but be aware you have 14 days to get what you want using the threat of cancellation - if VM here cannot help then ring and tell them you want to cancel - they wont allow that easily and offer to send a tech foc - tell whoever comes where YOU want the hub and as long as its practical - not going under floors or similar then whoever coms should sort it - if you get the same lying tech have non of his/her BS

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @richa112 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have had with your installation, we would like to bring you into a private message to look into this and resolve.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina