Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and virgin cannot supply there, how do I quit?

Joining in

I'm moving to a new estate and it's currently just open reach lines. Putting the postcode in virgin media so not supply, so is it just ring up "I'm moving here you don't offer it cancel my contract"?


Alessandro Volta

Are you still in a 18 month minimum term with VM (where you would be subject to early disconnection fees for cancelling)?

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lumiktu1 

Hope you quickly settle into your new home.

You need to contact  the Homemovers team by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues and they will process the account closure.

They  will check their database to see if there is any possibility that they can provide services at your new home. 

VM will still charge the early termination fees but will then refund them as long as you give them evidence, within 30 days of cancelling, of you residing at the new property. They will give you the details of where to send the evidence.

The accepted documents showing your new address are :- 

bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you might find the online chat messenger service is availlable on the following page 

You could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali