cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loose cables after storm

sdempsey
Tuning in

Hi VM 

After recent stormy weather some VM cables have come loose at my apartment building. 

The loose cable is quite low hanging and could easily  be grabbed by a child. Is it possible for someone from VM to reattach the loose cable?

Thanks

1000006739.jpg

1000006738.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you a VM customer yourself? Similar past topics on here have struggled to engage VM in such tasks or VM has made a half-hearted effort to remedy then given up part way through and required chasing on many occasions on here.

Are you certain they are VM cables? The wall box in photo 1 looks more like BT equipment. Nothing to say it can't be VM but that looks more like a BT phone cable distribution box.

Have you approached the company who manages the building? It is within the possibilities of a handyman to tidy the cables and probably easier than involving VM.

VM generally don't reply here in 'Tech Chatter'. A VIP or moderator might move your post to a more suitable forum where VM staff do reply.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you a VM customer yourself? Similar past topics on here have struggled to engage VM in such tasks or VM has made a half-hearted effort to remedy then given up part way through and required chasing on many occasions on here.

Are you certain they are VM cables? The wall box in photo 1 looks more like BT equipment. Nothing to say it can't be VM but that looks more like a BT phone cable distribution box.

Have you approached the company who manages the building? It is within the possibilities of a handyman to tidy the cables and probably easier than involving VM.

VM generally don't reply here in 'Tech Chatter'. A VIP or moderator might move your post to a more suitable forum where VM staff do reply.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sdempsey, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I will send you a PM now so we can get this fixed and looked into for you. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear we have got this resolved for you, enjoy the rest of the day. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I must say that VM were very responsive and sent someone to take a look, but it turns out they are indeed BT cables -and BT couldn't care less! 

Hi Sdempsey 👋

Thanks for returning to the thread to keep it updated! Glad to hear our team offered a positive experience when seeking support - sorry to hear it is out of our hands!

Let us know if there is anything else you need our support with. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Afternoon. My VM cable has come loose from the high winds we have been getting. 
how do I get this secured?

IMG_0797.jpeg

Hey crystal86, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a very warm welcome to the community.

Let me send you a DM and we can look at getting this fixed for you.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?