cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delay delay delay

georgehc
Joining in

I'm honestly gobsmacked by my experience as a new customer to Virgin.

I signed up for the 1Gbps fibre package on 17/01/24 and then found out nothing was processed until 25/01/24! 3 days before I was going to move into my new flat. I sorted that out and they then told me installation would be on the 8th of Feb. I accepted that but of course they then delay it further 3 days before installation! All they say is that it requires external work but not when this will actually be done. New date was then set as 26/02/24, over a month at this point. I even hired a 4g router to tide me over these couple of weeks so I can watch tv/wfh. No prizes for guessing what happened today! The new date is 16/03/24!!! The issues are "council permits" according to one of the customer service team but looking at this forum I have no clue whether that's real or not.

At this point, I think I'm just gonna order broadband installation from a few different companies and see who turns up first. I feel like I'm fighting tooth and nail to pay them money. God knows how the service will be if I actually get it installed.

2 REPLIES 2

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @georgehc

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that there's been some ongoing delays to your installation of services. It's correct that, depending on what works are required, we would require permits to be granted to us via a third party (such as the local council) before the work can proceed. If these aren't granted then this can result in the install being delayed.

I assure you that we'll be doing all that we can to get this installation to happen as soon as possible. Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

To see what the service will be like as a customer try calling 0345 454 1111.

Re delays see https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).