cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info tab

Bilkido
Joining in

Hi all new here. Anyway we just had our 1gig package installed and on the back of the router there was a removable tab that had a qr code and details of the router name and password. The thing is when the engineer had finished they didn’t put the tab back so now we haven’t got one. It’s not normally a problem but with the qr code it’s easier for other members of the family to connect. Can I get a replacement or not? Sorry for the rambling just hope someone can help. Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The information you need is on the bottom of the Hub.  It should have the SSID and password for the Wifi, and the Settings password for the Hub's admin console.  If this is also missing or illegible then you will need a replacement Hub.  There is no way to recover this information. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for answering me. I know about the info on the bottom, it’s just easier when family members keep asking for the password to give them that little table with the qr code on. Was hoping if that could be replaced?

Bid1
On our wavelength

Download the VM connect has the barcode there 

Client62
Legend

We have an A4 page with the SSID, Password + a generated QR code and it is as you say quick and easy to use.

If you have the SSID & Password from the sticker, search online for a Wi-Fi QR Code Generator,
create the Wi-Fi QR code for WPA/WPA2 and save it as an image file. 

Or try this QR generator link : https://qifi.org/

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bilkido 

I agree with @Bid1 

Use the Connect app, it's the easiest way. 

Just scroll down to the bottom of the Home page and there's an icon, complete with the hub's barcode which when scanned will allow other family members to connect. 

You could also take a screenshot of this and share it with others.

Thumbs up to @Client62 as I didn't know about the 3rd party QR code generator.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Bilkido,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that the original QR code given appears to be missing. Has the advice and support offered by the community helped at all, or do you need further assistance?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi again sorry it’s been a while since I last responded. Been very busy. Anyway thanks everyone for your advice.  I already had the connect app but didn’t realise it had the bar code and share option at the bottom of the home page so thanks Bid1 for that it’s solved all my problems. For now😁

Pleased to hear that Bilkido, thanks for the update.

We're sorry that we are unable to resend out the tab with the credentials on, but if you do have any issues with anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards

Beth