cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 support on Virgin media

dgcarter
Dialled in

Does anyone know whether (and if so when) Virgin plan to implement IPv6 on its network?

1,493 REPLIES 1,493

"if"?

VM is going to have to deploy IPv6 at some point, likely sooner rather than later, there already is IPv6 infrastructure but it appears like DHCPv6 is firewalled off so you dont get prefix delegation, i really do wonder what the hold up is for IPv6 deployment

earthworm48
Tuning in

I’m coming to this late so my catch up is there isn’t IPv6 currently on VM and idea when it will rollout?

nope no IPv6 (even after 12 years of this being open) and no clue when (or even if now, apparently) its going to happen

@earthworm48 wrote:

I’m coming to this late so my catch up is there isn’t IPv6 currently on VM and idea when it will rollout?

official plans were in 2019.

@ksim wrote:

@David_Bn wrote:

Thanks for your post @jamesmacwhite, and welcome back to our Forums.

We will be sure to keep all customers updated, if or when IPv6 is implemented on our network

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

and now it is an "if"!

yeah I know that the local "forum team" know nothing, just strange they still keep coming back to this topic with their useless updates.

Forum team are often as good as Level2 Phone support IMO.

Level1 Phone support would say "What is IPv6, if you reboot your router does that fix it".

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Level 1 wouldn't say that, they'd take about 10 minutes painstakingly go through the steps to reboot the router getting you to acknowledge each step as if you were a toddler.

Then they'd say everything was working fine and hang up 😛

(Can you tell I hate level 1 support?  I even tried shibboleet once :p)

So no update since 2019?

@earthworm48 wrote:

So no update since 2019?

No. The DS-Lite trial occurred in 2018, a 2019 launch was hinted at an IPv6 council meeting but never happened. Have a look at this page, for a summarised list of events.

Hi earthworm48, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

Please see the link what jamesmacwhite has posted and hopefully this resolves things for you. 

Let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

I love the fact that the Virgin Media community team are linking to a website that was setup to poke fun at the situation but being recommended as a reference for the latest information.

Still, just about a month left before I move "WILL THIS BE THE YEAR" to 2023.