cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5x solid yellow light

Jason18
Tuning in

We had VM installed by an engineer last week and have a solid yellow light on our router with no broadband. Anyone had this issue before as it is currently sat with VMs illustrious IT team to resolve in 5-7+ working days

4 REPLIES 4

Jason18
Tuning in

I recently had broadband installed in my property 1 week ago by a virgin engineer. The cable was brand new and only installed 3 days beforehand. Since being installed we have had no internet and customer service have been no help at all.

We had a 5x router installed and apparently only a specific team can handle queries with these routers. There is an IT problem with the setup on virgins side and a ticket was raised with their mythical IT team which takes 5-7 working days to be picked up. No one is able to contact the IT team or speak to manager in that team eithet according to customer service. The ticket was picked up a week later by the IT team and marked as resolved, nobody called to confirm. The issue is still the same so a new IT tocket has been raised but could be another 5-7 working days before it is picked up again.

My question is, has anyone dealt with this mystical IT team before or have any tips on actually getting virgin to complete anything in a reasonable timeframe.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did it work fine after installation and has now stopped ?

If it did, can you check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If it didnt - Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book another Tech install  to sort it out - open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

DOUBLE POST.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).