cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move disaster and terrible customer service and LIES

Rossi51
Joining in

Where to start.  Booked my home move well in advance to ensure no issues.

The Pre install team then phoned on day of pre install to say there was a For Sale sign in the garden so couldn't carry out pre install and would schedule for the day I moved in.  I thought this a little strange as its a home move of course the house has a for sale sign?.  So the day I moved in someone came out and advised there was a blocked duct and could not install.  All I know now after multiple wasted hours of calls is that there is and issue and install is now the 29th.  I have been lied to several times including I will call you back in 15 mins this was at 9pm and the call centre was due to close of course no callback...also a technician will visit your property to explain on x date no visit.  Can someone please tell me what is going on my wife and I both WFH and our children attend university lectures form home and have had no service since the 14th of April.  

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Treat the 29th as a nominal date only. Clearing the duct or replacing with a new one can take days, weeks or even months depending how busy and efficient their subcontractor is. 

If you haven't already tried the Installations number it is 0800 052 1734. 

As a backup you might like to check if another supplier can connect you sooner. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Rossi51
Joining in

Pretty sure the sub contractor has been out as I spoke the two guys out running cable although Virgin still seem to think this needs done!  I have called every umber they are all useless!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There is very poor coordination between VM's own departments, and with the subcontractors. VM doesn't always know what has been done, as apparently in your case. But in theory you could be connected on the 29th. Another week to wait. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Rossi51 

Welcome to our service and sorry to hear there have been some delays in trying to get your service up and running. We can understand the frustration caused. To best look into this for you, I have sent a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs