cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron CHITA forgets VMB IP Gateway address when resetting

mattphillips
Joining in

Hi!

I have the 5 static IP service, but it regularly goes down because the Hitron CHITA doesn't remember the LAN Default Gateway address in the VMB IP Service settings page whenever it restarts (which is usually once a fortnight, presumably doing firmware updates? Very annoying regardless of this extra problem).

My gateway is at xxx.xxx.xxx.206 and the static IPs are xxx.xxx.xxx.201-xxx.xxx.xxx.205, but whenever the router resets the gateway defaults back to xxx.xxx.xxx.201 and I have to hook up a laptop to fix it.

Is this a known issue? Anything I can do about it? It's not really fit for purpose as-is, since it's very unreliable.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You need to hire someone to do the fix your doing

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The board is for residential users, you need to contact VM business as most people on the board have no experience of the business equipment. VM staff will also not be able to help as they too do not have access to the business side.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2