cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel as though I am being scammed - lied to for a week and still no internet

cowgirlonline
Joining in

Hi there 

I am making this post as I’m at a complete loss. 

4 weeks ago I placed an order with Virgin Media as I just moved into a new rental property. I booked the installation for 2 weeks time which was 26/07. During those 2 weeks, Virgin tried to randomly delay the installation by a week and tried to claim that I had confirmed the delay (I hadn’t) but luckily I managed to get an appointment for the original day. 

As this is the first time Virgin is being installed in the property, they had to do some pre installation work. Cool. They said they had done it a week before the appointment. But when the engineer came round on 26/07, he installed the Virgin wall box and Hub then discovered the outside cabling isn’t right. So we’re still not connected. 

He says that the work will be done by Monday 29/07. Monday rolls around and I use WhatsApp to reach out to Virgin and see what’s happening and they tell me that the work is being done that day. Okay perfect. But the day ends and nobody comes and we still don’t have internet. 

Every day this week, they have told me (via Whastapp) that the ‘pre pull’ work is getting done that day. And every day it isn’t. They’ve used plenty of excuses like ‘council permission’ and ‘outside blockage’. But ultimately, every day I’m being lied to and it’s awful. I don’t understand how they can get away with this. 

I just want a clear date of when I can expect internet but they cannot tell me that. It’s outrageous. I want to cancel but they’ve already drilled this wall box into the property which I’m renting and I don’t want to have another provider do more work within the property and create more holes in the walls. 

What can I do? This is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced and it makes me want to never use Virgin again. I cannot wait months just to have an internet connection. It’s simply ridiculous. 

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cowgirlonline,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community  😊

Sorry to see there's been some delay with your installation, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm