cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exterior wall box broken

WallisG37
Tuning in

We had virgin installed recently, the exterior wall box (white) isn't damaged but the installers put the box too close to our fence and doesn't close so is left open most of the time, when we close it the wind pops it back open again and as we live at the top of a hill that's 90% if the time. 

Do virgin come out to replace these boxes or move them over slightly? Has anyone had any luck with getting someone to come and do this or will I be waiting months? I'm hoping I'll be able to get help here as the CS call centre is horrendous.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello WallisG37

Thanks for posting in regards to your external box and moving it's location, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We're happy to help with this, can you confirm how far you're looking to move the box? Usually  relocation of this type is a chargeable visit at £25 but if you can confirm how far this may be something we can assist with?

Let us know.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

SteNix2020
Up to speed

As its causing issues its possible Virgin may send out a engineer and move for free - Does it need moving far to stop it causing an issue with your fence gate? 

CS normall pick stuff up on here within a few days.

sayekm
Fibre optic

Its just a weatherproof box covering a cable joint. I threw away the original box and fitted a better quality box from Screwfix.

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

That's what I was hoping, when the final engineer came out to install he said they had put it too far over. 

I don't think it needs moved much, but because it's attached to the wall everything needs to be shifted over a bit. 

Hello WallisG37

Thanks for posting in regards to your external box and moving it's location, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We're happy to help with this, can you confirm how far you're looking to move the box? Usually  relocation of this type is a chargeable visit at £25 but if you can confirm how far this may be something we can assist with?

Let us know.

Rob

Hi, thanks for the reply.

We don't need the box relocated, it needs to be moved about an inch over on the wall, if even that. 

If it is possible to get someone to come and move it over that would be much appreciated as we don't want it getting weather damaged. 

Hi WallisG37,

We can arrange for an engineer to come out and move the omni box for you, however these would be a chargeable visit. 

If you are happy to proceed with this, I have sent you a private message so I can grab your details and assist you further.

Beth