cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer hasn't bothered to turn up. Twice.

rt001
Joining in

We had an engineer booked for Friday, who didn't turn up or bother to call today he couldn't make it. After half an hour on a live chat yesterday, another was booked for today between 8am-12pm, and also hasn't turned up.

I've been ignored on the live chat now as well. Is this now standard service from Virgin Media?  

Can someone from VM contact me to get this sorted, as I'm now thinking of cancelling our contract, after being a loyal customer for over 15 years, but at the end of my tether with sub standard service.

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

You are due £58.30 https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rt001 

Welcome back to the community forums

I'm sorry that you have had a poor experience with our live chat and a technician not arriving when scheduled. This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.

I can see on the systems at our side that you have since spoken with the team and have this arranged and resolved for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Well, he's booked to come today, but in the Virgin media app under appointments, nothing is showing, so I'm not filled with confidence that he will arrive.

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Another compensation payment it is then

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One possibility is that if there is a "known issue" where you are, then any Tech visits at that location get auto-cancelled and you may not get notification of that.

So, can you check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

rt001
Joining in

The engineer came the other day, so all is sorted. Please can someone from VM get in touch about applying the two £58.30 credits to my account, for the failed visits?

Hey rt001,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L