cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer came today, but he couldn't install our broadband, what happens now?

balu92
Joining in

We had an engineer visit today for installation of our 1gig broadband, but he couldn't get the wire inside the flat. He took pictures inside and outside and said they will look into what they can do. Reasonably, how long will it take, how long will we be without broadband?

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Very difficult to say without knowing the situation. It's eben possible they won't install if it proves too difficult.

What floor are you on? Are there other Virginmedia customers in the block?  Has the landlord given permission for cables to be fitted? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

3rd (top) floor. He was gonna take a catv cable from beneath a manhole cover, they said the flat is serviceable, so it shouldn't matter if there are other VM users or not.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you want help here you need to answer the questions.

Virginmedia will need the landlord's permission for running cables. That will be easier if there are already VM users there. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

The engineer didn't say we need permission, he said they CAN'T run the wire up the wall.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

They won't work outside above the first floor. Cables will run indoors and will definitely need landlord's written permission if it hasn't already been given for other users. 

- jpeg1

When I asked if I need permission from the landlord they said they will use existing wiring to get the new wire in. We can get a permission if they need it, but we are waiting for them to say wether or not they can do the install at all.

Hey balu92, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look and I can see you've spoke to the team since this post, have they managed to help at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I have not spoken to anyone and I haven't heard any news since. Would be nice to know if this gets sorted before christmas or should we be looking at other options.

I will send you a PM now to look into this 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?