cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think I will be able to call virgin ?

bahadur9
Joining in

What’s even the point of having them if my connection is literally faster without them?? They really are terrible, just want to know if anyone else has gone through the same thing as me. I don’t wanna waste my time on hold knowing they’ll say no hence this post

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

....so what's the issue you're having?... I'm guessing slow speeds, but that's all I can take from your rather vague post.

The more details you can give, the better. All we know of your issue is what you include in your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

unisoft
Well-informed

@bahadur9 wrote:

What’s even the point of having them if my connection is literally faster without them?? They really are terrible, just want to know if anyone else has gone through the same thing as me. I don’t wanna waste my time on hold knowing they’ll say no hence this post

Well as japitts pointed out, you haven't said what the issue is, whether you have had a technician before come out and look at wiring or replace equipment, or engage with networks team if a cabinet issue in your road?

Ring 0345 454 1111 (normally free out of a mobile's included minutes allowance) or 150 from Virgin landline and go through technical support is probably the quickest method before coming on here to diagnose further if not solved by them.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey bahadur9,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with connection. Are you having issues with your WiFi pods? If so, are your pods definitely connected to your network, does your pod currently have a flashing light on the front? 

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs: 
•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'. 
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on. 
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled. 
•    The SSID must be password protected. 
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match. 
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home. This link will help though if you do have any issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L