cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a pre-installation visit?

SoulFish
Joining in

This is my first time posting on the Virgin community forum. Thought I would drop a message on here first before progressing through to purchasing Virgin and organising an installation and what not.

I have recently moved into a rented house, which has had Virgin internet at one point, and looking at purchasing it for the Gigabit bandwidth. Looking outside, it seems that there is an omnibox available (the covering seems to be broken). As you can see from the image below:

20240404_182142.jpg

The lounge/living room is at the back of the house and it looks like a previous connection of OpenReach has followed the side of the building and gone through the back of the house. 

Do I need to schedule a pre-installation visit prior to purchasing/setting up direct debit, to see whether they're able take the connection from the front, around the side of the house and into the living room, similar to the OpenReach connection? As I wouldn't want the router/wi-fi in our kitchen.

Is pre-installation number still - 0800 052 1734?

Thanks in advance all!

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SoulFish 

Yes, the pre-installs team is still on 0800 052 1734.  They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday. You should be OK booking a mannedl install.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali