cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation, Damaged Property, Woeful customer service

Jcook13
Joining in

Is anyone in here able to help, or work for virgin, or am I just shouting into the void?

Moving property and agreed to re-sign and stay with Virgin Media as they were able to get the install done fairly quickly for the 11th of January. We are now on the 5th of February, I have had multiple delayed install dates, none of which have been communicated to me, I have had to call Virgin to get info every time.

Most recently I was told someone would be out to install on the 21st and they would call me that evening around 8pm if there were any issues. No call and no install. Then spent a large amount of time on with support on the 23rd and was told someone would call me back to confirm, but no one did. I then received an email to say my install had been delayed indefinitely. 

I then spent over an hour on the phone to support and the pre installations team. I was told I was getting escalated to a manger to resolve as I was told the earliest install now available was the middle of February. I was then placed on hold for 30 minutes before being dumped back at the start of the support experience. I then went through it all again was told someone was looking into and could I wait a few minutes, 30 minutes later again I was still waiting, listening to their background noise whilst they ignored me.

After spending an hour on the phone on the 26th I finally spoke to someone who was able to give me some indication as to why my install had been delayed due to 3rd parties. They also promised to send out a dongle to provide us with wifi until our install. Once I was transferred to the team that was supposed to provide the dongle I was cut off again. I called back later that day, went through all the clarifications again for half an hour and then when the person on the other end of the phone said they needed to check something and asked to put me on hold, I specifically said can they please make sure I don't get cut off whilst on hold, to which I was told that won't be a problem at all and they will 100% call me back if I am cut off. No prizes for guessing that after 10 minutes on hold the line went dead and no one called me back.

I gave it a week and no one reached out to me at any point in time to discuss anything, but at some stage when I was out of the property, someone has managed to arrive, dig up part of my front garden patio, run a wire to the front of my house then drill a god awful box beside the front door, into the brickwork directly under our bay window. With no indication, prior approval, agreement, anything.

I contacted Virgin media again on Saturday the 3rd of February and told them I wanted to lodge a formal complaint. This seemed to generate some sort of response and I was offered an apology and a credit (I don't know what the credit is against as I now haven't had any internet for over a month), for the delayed installation. I was then transferred to another team to deal with the box on the front of my house, who were also somewhat responsive taking my complaint and telling me they would be in touch within 48 hours to resolve the issue, get the box moved and repair the damage. Once again no surprises that no one got in touch until 8.45pm on Monday night.

This is a call to tell me that the internal installation is going to go ahead on the 10th of February. When I query the fact that there is work that will need to be carried out outside the house before this can go ahead I am just told over and over that an installation will take place on the 10th of February. When I ask to speak to a manager to confirm the details I was told "sure just wait", put on hold for 30 seconds before unsurprisingly the line went dead. When I tried to call back I was put in a wait queue until 9pm when support hours stopped so I got an automated message telling me to call back tomorrow morning and the line went dead.

In the last three weeks I have probably spent coming up to 10 hours on the phone and on hold with Virgin media teams, having to answer the same security questions, relay the same information, enter the same account number and yet every single time the person I am talking to seems to have no prior information on my previous calls, I go back to square one and absolutely nothing happens. Meanwhile me and my partner who both work from home are consistently forced to work whilst tethering to our phones or in other locations. This is point blank the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. 

Is anyone from Virgin actually able to help?

1 REPLY 1

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I doubt it. 

Re the "credit" for the delays do make sure that you get every penny of automatic compensation that you are entitled to for the delayed installation plus the missed appointment https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).