cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation

Cal3
Joining in

I’m a new home owner and confused as to what is going on and was wondering if anyone on here could help as VM customer services has been awful. We ordered our broadband on the 24th November and have been constantly pushed back and it is now at the 22nd of March. We have had to use our mobile data and take days of off work to check that anyone was even showing up. When we first ordered it someone came and said they worked for VM looked outside and then got in his van and drove off since then no one has turned up until last week when VM van randomly showed up on the front then drove off without the man even getting out of the van, then he returned and went to drive off again until I went out and chased the van to stop it leaving to ask what was going on, They said they had come to see if any external workers were coming as we had complained. Few minutes later someone in a white van turned up, the two spoke for a while and then both got in their vans and drove off? We have had no information as to what is going on only that our installation is now estimated 22nd March but will probably be pushed back even more. Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on? As we are considering switching at this point. 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Read the other very similar threads currently in this forum. The advice there applies to you too. You will be entitled to compensation for the delays since the first promised date, and for any missed appointments. You can cancel without penalty if you wish. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cal3 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

Have you tried contacting the pre-installation team about this matter? The best number on which to call them is 0800 052 1734. 

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @jpeg1 👍

Regards,
Daniel