cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damage to my garden wall from cable laying

Glenis1
Joining in

Hi all, the team that installed my cable to the house almost demolished my garden wall. It is now very precarious and we are next to a school - I am worried about it toppling onto a child. I have contacted customer services many times but they just misrecord the enquiry and mark it as resolved and closed. Over the last five weeks, I have contacted them by email, telephone and through the app but don't yet have a sensible response. Is there anyway of escalating this problem?

1000000595.jpg

1000000594.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post photos to allow VM to assess the damage.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post photos to allow VM to assess the damage.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you pictures now uploaded 🙏

Hi Glenis1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your wall was damaged during cable laying, so we can get this reported can you show where the cables have been laid in conjunction with the wall damage?

Regards

Paul.

Right where the damage is - do you see the little black cap on the pavement it is right there.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But where is the cable?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You sure that cap is not a oreo

---------------------------------------------------------------

1000000598.jpg

Picture from the garden side just below the damage

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

That wall was already crumbling, so I don't see how VM is to blame for movement of some bricks.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Deleted. Posted by mistake 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.