cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't order services - existing customer account at address, false.

XH82
Tuning in

I've wasted 2 hours yesterday and 3 hours today dealing with incompetent staff and an unfit ordering system.

The order number is VM4430652377 and I have been told that it is UP TO ME to contact whoever the previous customer was (no idea who) and have me print out a transfer form, get the mystery account holder to sign it and then send it back to Virgin.

I've no idea who the previous account holder was or is, I have no way of finding out who it is, and virgin refuse to provide any further information.

How can there be so much incompetence and failure to take any ownership or resolve be happening so early in the customer flow? 

The email specifically tells me to contact Virgin if I have trouble doing your job for you, yet every contact attempt results in me being told I can't be helped without an account number, which of course Virgin hasn't provided yet because you refuse to process the order. 

"Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Virgin Media team about getting our services at your home. It's great to hear you'd like to join us!

We've taken a look at your order and noticed that there’s already a Virgin Media account at the address you gave us – in someone else's name.

But don't worry, just ask the account holder to call us on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. They simply need to ask us to transfer their account to your name.

We’ll send out transfer of responsibility forms to the account holder. Once we’ve got them back, we’ll arrange for the account to be put into your name. Unfortunately, we can’t tell you who the account holder is (due to data protection rules). But if you’re having problems tracking them down, get in touch and we’ll try and contact them for you."

Are there any competent staff at Virgin who would be prepared to do their job and resolve your internal system conflict such that I can set up this contact value of over £1000? without wasting any further of my time?

4 REPLIES 4

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @XH82 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having,  I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

XH82
Tuning in

Absolutely useless PM response here too, the amount of hoops you're making me jump through to order services where your last customer has fugged off is utter lunacy.

I'm taking my business to BT and sky, you just lost yourselves £1000 of revenue. 

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @XH82 

Thank you once again for contacting us here. As explained in our private message we cannot unfortunately have two active accounts at the same address at the same time and we will need to close the previous account first. Our team will be able to contact the previous account holder tomorrow and confirm that their account is no longer required, once done they will be able to process your order and get this out to you immediately. 
thank you again

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

XH82
Tuning in

Your excuses are your own, contact whoever you think has services here and take up your fuggery with them.