cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables Across Front of House

tunipcol1
Just joined

So Virgin are upgrading the cables.

At the minute there are no visible cables. They all run from a box beside the front door through a pipe/tube and into the house - underground I assume.

Virgin just upgraded the neighbours - the new wire runs up the wall over the front door, across the windows and they drilled a hole through the front of the house.

Surely they could use the existing route? It looks bloody ridiculous!

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Ooooh. Is this an upgrade from the old Docsis to the new XGS-PON network? If so it's the first I have heard of at the individual customer end point. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Customer wanted cable entry in a different place, or wanted to place the router in a different room & didn’t want internal cabling all round the walls?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AFAIK, VM has failed to migrate a single customer to XGS-PON despite several areas being ready since about March 2023.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@nodrogd wrote:

Customer wanted cable entry in a different place, or wanted to place the router in a different room & didn’t want internal cabling all round the walls?

Indeed, it could be any of those possibilities, although there have been reports on here of VM sometimes doing a mass cable replacement in a small area, we simply don’t have enough information to comment.