cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bungalow installation query

kadhav
Joining in

Hi guys, hoping someone can answer a few questions I’ve got. Live in a bungalow and currently have virgin internet. Brown box on the outside wall and white box in the hallway. Looking at getting TV into the bedroom and the lounge. Don’t really want to have cables running everywhere or have to take up the floorboards.

For the bedroom, could the engineer take a cable from the brown box, run it on the outside wall, then through the wall and install a second white box behind the TV?

For the lounge, the easiest way would be to go from the brown box, up the outside wall, through the loft, then drop down behind the TV in the lounge where the current roof aerial is, and put another white box. We’ve got an extension on the back of the bungalow, so the TV is nowhere near an outside wall.

Would the engineer be able to do this? Or are they limited with what they can do? Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The bedroom is easy - yes they will do that - I have one in a bedroom upstairs.

Lounge may be trickier as VM "dont do lofts" - unless its fully boarded with stairs access.  But one way around it would be for you to put in a "pull rope" out from the loft to the outside - and with the other end going into the lounge into where you want the socket.  The install tech could then attach their outside cable to the "rope" and pull it up and through the loft into the lounge - without the need to go into the loft.

VM can send someone out to assess and advise.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.