cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband cable has connector fitted outside

johnmac4321
Joining in

I only noticed yesterday that my broadband cable in front of my house has been cut into and a connector fitted.

IMG_2024-04-10-12-49-50-033[1].jpg

The last time I looked at the cable it when straight into the house without any connector on it.

I did have some building work done in the house last summer which involved fitting internal insulation to the wall where the cable comes through but if the builders had accidently cut the cable I'm sure I would have noticed the cable alteration before now.

Is it possible Virgin Media could have done this recently without me knowing?

Would they have left it like this?

But either way is it reliable the way it is now i.e. will the connector corrode with it being exposed to the rain?

Do I need the cable replacing or some sort of weatherproof box fitting to secure it as I live flush with the main road?  (the flags in the picture are the main roads pavement which anyone has access to)

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Tudor, I'll wait for a few days.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thre should be an omniboc fitted there. Call VM. 

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor, I'll wait for a few days.

Hi @johnmac4321 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I would love to help you further so will pop you a PM 📩 now and then we can get an engineer visit booked to have an Omnibox fitted for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @johnmac4321 
I've booked an engineer appointment for you as discussed to have an omnibox fitted. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs