cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 wall connection but want tv and hub in same room

ellisdc
Tuning in

Hoping to get some guidance. I want to have my hub and my V6 in the same room but I only have 1 wall socket.

What is the best way to do this? I have read about splitters but not sure if I can just buy any plus the additional cables.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For £25 VM engineer will install any sockets, splitters, cables that you need. Be aware you can’t install this stuff yourself as it’s against the T&C’s of your Contract. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SilverFox17
Tuning in

The 'best' way to do this is to call VM and request a tech visit to do this, which will cost you £25 but, at least will be all 'above board' and if any issues in the future, you are covered!

Or you could take the risk of purchasing a splitter and cable from a 'well known site with a name similar to a tropical rain forest', and it'll probably all work OK. But if it doesn't then you have to swallow the loss and call VM and get a tech visit.

ellisdc
Tuning in

Thank-you both. I think I'll contact VM as there are to many options out there and I'll probably end up wasting my money! What's the best way for VM would I just call them?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can call and try to explain what you need, or you can wait here a few days for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss with you directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @ellisdc, thank you for your posts.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @SilverFox17 and @Adduxi 👍

Regards,
Daniel