cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to connect to internet hub 5x

botric
Joining in

just got virgin today with the new hub 5x it works can connects to the hub and it boots but nothing else more via wifi or anything else, it shows a orange light , and under the router settings , under advanced>tools>network status>configuration it comes up with network access - not-allowed

not a good start for new customers, tried to phone was on hold for 30 mins and gave up, any advice?

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If possible call at 8am.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

botric
Joining in

Update on this called them at 8 am they said there was a fault with the installation and that it was logged by the engineer who installed the system, they advised they would get an engineer here today before 18:00, they guaranteed this over the phone call and also guaranteed that the issue would be resolved today. its after 18:00 and they haven't turned up, I went online and the account is now saying I have an installation date of the 18th, not being funny but its installed and its not working 

Welcome to virgin media, I hope you like merry go rounds because you will now find yourself going around in circles for weeks. 

I've had my install done on 03-Oct and still not working. An engineer was meant to be visiting on 18-Oct. I've reset the Hub 5x twice now and it always returns to orange.

My current provider ends tomorrow and I have no faith in an engineer turning up tomorrow and sorting it out.

I've had many phone calls and escalations but everything just seams to go into a void and nothing gets resolved.

VM how are you going to fix these be installations?

Hello TCndaHouse.

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for the delay in getting your service activated.

I know you posted on Thursday advising an engineer was due out Friday.

Can I ask if this happened?

If not, please let me know so I can take a loo into this for you.

Gareth_L