cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pod shows as not connected on VM connect

lukemb64
Tuning in

I have a new pod and it shows on vmconnect as not connected and as an ethernet device, after initially showing as connected by wifi. My WiFi analyser shows 4 WiFi connections, I assume 2 from the router, 2.4 and 5, and 2 from the pod. Why does vmconnect show the pod as an ethernet connection when it is connected by WiFi and as not connected when the light is off so I assume it is connected? I know it takes a day or two to settle.

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lukeemb64,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your WiFi pod. 

Is this still happening or has it settled?

^Martin

Hi Martin, thanks, for getting back. It is still showing as an ethernet device which is not connected on vmconnect so I cannot see any indication of its health. On the other hand there are no lights showing and there are 4 connections showing on my wifi analyser, I assume two from the router and two from the pod. So I'm not sure whether it is working or not! Thanks!

Hi @lukemb64, no problem at all. Thank you for your response.

I can see you've spoken to the team since you last posted. Has the issue now been resolved? 

Advice on how to fix any WiFi Pod issues can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

The pod still shows up on the list of devices as an ethernet device and as not connected, but the wifi connections show as connected to the pod. I ordered a second pod to fill a blackspot and was told it would be with me in 72 hours and if the order did not show up in 24 hours I should chase. When I did chase after 40 hours and it not showing the advisor said I had been misadvised and it would not show up as an order for 3-5 days and would take up to 14 days to come. A clearly broken promise. The first pod stuck to the 72 hours promise. Customer servce by phone or chat is really appalling unless you want to cancel your contract or ugrade it.

Thanks for coming back to us lukemb64. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L