cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods why so hard to order

The_Radio_Guy
Joining in

Struck a great deal today and upgraded my broadband to M500. Download this app, download that app. I advised the chap on the other end that the wifi in the house is terrible and i may need some pods. Oh yes he said you can have up to 3 for free and just order from the connect app thingy. Thanks bye "poof" like a genie he was gone. Well i did the full house scan with a result of some rooms being 5mbps, yep 5. But after the test no pod advice, no order advice. So i need help because i fear i have been a little duped and forced to post here. I have the screen shots of the conversation with the "Virgin media Genie" that did the deal and details of the home scan. Anyone out there can help ????

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You really don't want the pods and I think pods are only free for if you have 1Gb.

Just look for your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi The_Radio_Guy, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your WiFi speed. Even though all Volt packages come with up to 3 WiFi pods, you wouldn't necessarily need all 3. We will need to run some checks on the connection in order to get your first pod arranged for you.

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hello kath i am in the same situation, can you help me order some

Curious why they would not want the pods?

OP the Virgin apps and website just lead you into an insane loop of click here for info and click here for Pods none of which give you the option of ordering them!
Extremely poor by Virgin and they so obviously make it as difficult as possible to prevent people from receiving what they were sold.