cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Max request - customer service is AWFUL

AndyP2609
On our wavelength

I recently used the VMConnect app to assess my signal quality in one of my rooms, and have managed to request a Wifi Max signal booster (I think) via the VM website, which needed me to sign up to a new contract.  I've done this and received an email stating that my order will be delivered on 30th May between 8am and 9pm via Yodel (great!).  It also stated (and I quote): "If you gave us your contact details, our delivery partner Yodel will text and/or email you with a 2 hour estimated delivery slot on the day."  What?  I am a VM customer, so they have my details!

Anyway, although the email states that delivery would have been yesterday (posting on 31st May), when checking the website this is what greeted me. 

AndyP2609_1-1717146150000.png

Considering the website is the only source of 'customer service' we receive as customers (the chat function is a joke), what kind of use is this?  Why do we as customers have to spend time chasing stuff up CONSTANTLY because VM cannot sort their systems out?  I am SO frustrated with VM right now.  Their website is specifically designed as to NOT provide you real customer service.  It is only designed to keep customers at  arms' length.  And all this while they happily take £110+ a month from you.  

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

VM Pods, no thanks.  Almost any Wi-Fi Mesh or Access Point solution is a better choice.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why exactly did you have to sign up to a new contract?  Is that because you weren't on a Volt package previously?

I think you can cancel that within 14 days and then as Client62 says... buy your own better quality equipment £40-100 would get a good basic set up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AndyP2609,

Thanks for posting, and sorry you've had some issue with the WiFi pods. So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message. 

Alex_Rm