cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi pods

Tottenham70
Joining in

Recently had Gig 1 installed and have at least two really bad spots for WiFi and speed upstairs am I entitled to WiFi pods being on the top package ?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes... see this

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - if you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Tottenham70 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you are effected by poor WiFi signal and a big thank you to our community member jbrennand for their help here so far. 

Have you been able to run checks via the connect app, and following these steps: 

·         Tap Start the scan
·         Then Start the scan again
·         While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready
·         Wait 2 mintues for Scan
·         Scan complete, Tap continue
·         Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in
·         Start the Scan (do this in every room)
·         Scan complete
·         Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option
·         If so, Tap Optimise
·         Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room, 
·         Tap Start Scan
·         Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

Thankyou so much,not very good with tech stuff so will try this .Seems to be two areas upstairs at the back of the house which we are really struggling with .

No problem @Tottenham70 please do run the tests and let us know how it goes? 

If needed the app should give you the option to order the Pods there.