cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi what do I do

tiateng1
Joining in

I just got Wi-Fi with virgin this week the router is in one room and it works fine when in that room but if I go into the room next door (I’m in a flat not a mansion) i get bad signal it’s the room right next door to the router? Is this virgin taking the mick out of me or what? What do I do just cancel my account with them I need advice thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @tiateng1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and we can fully understand your frustrations, can I ask if you have run some checks on the Connect App at all? If so what have the results shown?

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Not knowing your property, I can only generalise.  If the router is on the floor or behind a TV or there’s something between it and the wall to the next room, signal can be attenuated.  If the wall has lots of metal in it, signal can be attenuated.

There is a useful threads that explains this “UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WIFI”. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/UNDERSTANDING-KEY-ASPECTS-OF-WiFi/td-p/3870...

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)