cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my house missed out on full fibre

DI4
Joining in

My village has had VM Fibre installed, but they missed the main road, however flats next to me have VM Fibre and houses behind me. I noticed the houses behind me, and their path was used to install VM Fibre to their houses, but stopped when they got to the end of their houses and all they had to do was continue along the path 10 meters to another 5 houses and my house,  or extend Next door flats Fibre to my house. The next door flats are on the main road and they have fibre and also other houses on main road 50 metres away from me. I have been trying to get to talk to someone on the installation side but no joy. I was hoping someone could come and have a look or at least give me a ring, so I can discuss and find out why my property has not been given fibre. Also there is fibre cable in a roll on a pole 5 meters from my house. I read an article about the fibre companies all trying to expand their numbers in the UK, I want to be one of those numbers who has fibre to the home capability.

4 REPLIES 4

DI4
Joining in

My village has had VM Fibre installed, but they missed the main road, however flats next to me have VM Fibre and houses behind me. I noticed the houses behind me, and their path was used to install VM Fibre to their houses, but stopped when they got to the end of their houses and all they had to do was continue along the path 10 meters to another 5 houses and my house,  or extend Next door flats Fibre to my house. The next door flats are on the main road and they have fibre and also other houses on main road 50 metres away from me. I have been trying to get to talk to someone on the installation side but no joy. I was hoping someone could come and have a look or at least give me a ring, so I can discuss and find out why my property has not been given fibre. Also there is fibre cable in a roll on a pole 5 meters from my house. I read an article about the fibre companies all trying to expand their numbers in the uk, I want to be one of those numbers who has fibre to the home capability.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DI4,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see our services are not in your property even though very close in other property's, have you tried registering your interest here.

Regards

Paul.

DI4
Joining in

Hi Paul,

I have registering many times, and even got two emails saying won't be long now as we are in your area, and saw VM people and heard them installing Full Fibre in the area. When I was walking my dog I also talked to two of the managers of the insulation team as they were installing Fibre in a side road 50 meters from my house and I showed them were I live and they said wont be long now.

Regards

Trevor

Thank you for popping back to us @DI4 and we are so sorry there was not a more definite time given but we can assure you our teams will do all they can to get as many address cabled as soon as possible. 

Please do keep checking back to the post code checker online here and we will update it as soon as we can provide a service to you!