cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it take 2 to 3 days to get a technician out

micky06
Joining in

It's a joke this I never had a issue with BT apart from we couldn't get over 30mb in my area so tried virgin and it's been down a lot and it seems to be for hours or days I've got no internet now and they need to send someone out and first told me Saturday but we managed to get Friday but still 2 days without internet I am thinking of going with another provider I like the speed with virgin but it's no good when it doesn't work at all just don't understand why they can't get someone out within a day to fix peoples issues a lot need it for work these days 

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well it might just be related to the fact that they don't pay compensation for the first two days of no service. So there's no incentive to come any sooner, and there's no SLA on residential services. 

If you need a quicker response you could try Virgin Business, which does have an SLA. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

carl_pearce
Wise owl

Do you honestly think engineers are just sitting around reading a newspaper waiting for a call to come in?

VM have millions of customers, and not millions of engineers.

I think there call center are sitting around reading newspapers and BT have more customers and was usually out next day if VM are having so many issues why not get more engineers?

Because of the lack of SLA as mentioned above.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"why not get more engineers?" Yes VM could get lots more technicians, but I don’t think customers would be very happy when their bill increases to fund these technicians.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hey micky06, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this. 

We try and get the techs out as fast as we can however they aren't always free the next day due to other jobs they have booked in.

We do also get cancellations which we send out as SMS however these are on a first come base. 

We have thousands of tech around the UK also.

We do also offer next day tech with our homework service which is aimed towards people mainly who work at home a lot.

Virgin Media HomeWorks is a monthly subscription for award-winning internet security and priority tech support.

HomeWorks helps you get back online if something goes wrong with your gadgets or home WiFi while you’re running a small business or working from home.

You can find out more here 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?