cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin says my flat (ground floor) is unserviceable - Others are serviceable

ttttttgrove
Just joined

Hello,

I have just moved into a ground floor flat in a house (transformed into flats) and 4 out of the 6 flats as well as neighboring houses are serviceable by Virgin Media...apart from my flat. I've been trying to insist on just having an engineer come round and look at it, find a way to install a socket or even if it's outside my door and in the hallway.

Flats literally above and across from my are serviceable I see no reason an engineer can't just come and sort out the installation. Virgin agent said a prospector has to come round first...which could take a week for a response from them...then the prospector has to come round on an available date...then they have to go back to Virgin and that whole process...and then an engineer will be able to come whenever the soonest appointment is.

This could take me at least a month maybe 2 months without internet, when it could just take a week by an engineer coming round confirming it can be installed and then installing it.

**I really do not want to get rid of my Virgin Media because I got it on a deal and on a payment plan where I basically pay £14 a month for 500m volt (270-500mbps). From what I've seen all that gets offered to me from Sky, BT, Vodafone, etc. is at least £30 a month and all I get is 40-60mbps

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There may be no capacity to install VM at your flat.  Most flats are serviced from a Communal connection cabinet.  This is most likely why VM want to send someone out to do a survey.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ttttttgrove,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear that there are issues with getting your services up and running. 

I have been able to locate you on our system and have checked for any updates. Have you had any further updates on the situation since you last posted? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L