cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Hub 5x Change IP Address

ajmiker
Joining in

Any suggestions to get the 5x hub working in modem mode or just change the IP Address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

There has been mention that once logged in to the Hub 5x menus, the URL below links to the Router/Modem mode option that is currently hidden from the menu :

http://192.168.0.1/?page=modemmode

Being an RFoG area we don't have the Hub 5x so are unable verify the info.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Your as good as stuck😮

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Legend

There has been mention that once logged in to the Hub 5x menus, the URL below links to the Router/Modem mode option that is currently hidden from the menu :

http://192.168.0.1/?page=modemmode

Being an RFoG area we don't have the Hub 5x so are unable verify the info.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

be cool if it works😎

ajmiker
Joining in

Yeah saw that link thanks, it does work at least I see the option to enable, will try when I get time and post back 🙂

BTW what's with the fixed lan IP, just why?

Fenbscar01
Joining in

Recently had Virgin Media 1GB fibre installed with a hub 5x and expected to be able to run it in modem mode and utilise my TP-link ER605 router that I had previously set up with Plusnet broadband. Have tried to get the system working but does not appear to be an output from the 10Gbps port on the 5x router when in Modem mode. Having read a number of posts it appears that the hub 5x can be switched to modem mode but does not have the firmware to operate!! Feel as if I have taken a backwards step having to utilise the VM router when would much prefer to have the control on my home network with the ER605.. I am astomished that the 5x router has been released without Modem mode capability and want to know when this will be provided??

As above, you are able to put it into modem mode. You can do it by following this link: http://192.168.0.1/?page=modemmode

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.

Client62
Legend

The link is hidden because a Hub 5x in Modem mode does not result in a working internet connection.

hyperstar24
Joining in

I work for a company that now has to advise users to not purchase virgin for home internet if they wish to be able to work from home due to not being able to change the LAN IP of the hub5x

the 3 could be done with snmp requests but the 5 seems to have locked this down. It would appear that of all the providers we have to deal with around europe and asia, Virgin is the only ones with devices we cannot configure to our requirements

@hyperstar24 wrote:

I work for a company that now has to advise users to not purchase virgin for home internet if they wish to be able to work from home due to not being able to change the LAN IP of the hub5x

easy fix get a router then you can change the LAN IP