cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect app can’t find Hub 5

LeeG05
Tuning in

Evening. New customer with VM here. Have had the engineer out this morning to install services, and have tried to use the connect app this evening but it keeps saying it cannot find our hub 5. I have uninstalled the app multiple times and still no change.

Any advice would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19

Client62
Legend

iCloud private relay IS a VPN

Hi, what did you do for it to work, I’m new here and having same problem as you. Thanks

Hello Sarahhinard

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced connecting the Connect App to your hub, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Issues can be experienced due to a few different factors, can you confirm how recently you were installed? If it has been in the last 2 or 3 days it can take this long for the back end systems to update fully and allow a connection.

Another issue is if any changes have been made to the wireless network ie split SSID's or changes of passwords for the different frequencies will also cause this error as well as the hub being in modem mode.

Rob

mipalo
Joining in

I got my internet back in July and still have trouble with the app. Checked that there is no VPN active and followed other advice on the thread. Thanks. 

Hi mipalo,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue with the connect app.

Are you having issues from other devices too, and have you had other hub models with us previously and experienced similar issues?

If so, can you please delete the saved network you have for old routers?

Beth

JONtemps
Joining in

HI

Same issue here - self installed a new Hub 5 on Saturday (there has previous been virgin media broadband at my address) and the connection is working perfectly.

I can't connect to VM Connect, however having tried all the solutions I can find on here and waited 2-3 days etc.

I did change my SSID and password on day one via http://192.168.0.1/ however. It this likely to impact it? 

I only want access to VM connect to install a WiFi pod (not arrived yet, but I understand I'll need VM connect to configure it?). 

Question is, will changing SSID affect VM connect and should I change it back to original settings? 

Update to my last - I tried restoring the original SSID and password - no joy unfortunately 

Thanks for coming back to us JONtemps, you wouldn't need the Connect App to install a WiFi pod, you just need to plug the pod in and it will automatically find your hub and 

you can use it from there. 

Accessing the Connect App, there should be no issues after changing the SSID of your hub, the app should still be able to connect but if you want to give that a go and check, that would be okay, we can then rule that out for your account. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

paulrose52
Joining in

I am having a similar issue. A Virgin technician replaced by Hub 3 with a Hub 5 today. The hub is working fine but the VM Connect IOS app will not find the Hub 5. It worked fine with the old Hub 3. Is it a question of waiting for Virgin to complete the set up?

Hi paulrose52,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Connect app since switching hubs, can you confirm if your device is up to date? Can you confirm if you've tried a pin hole reset of the hub?

Alex_Rm