cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect not connecting to Hub 4

Neoscylax
Joining in

I want to use the VM Connect app to control devices on my home network (in particular to reduce screen time for my kids who seem to have ways and means to bypass other OEM apps). Unfortunately the app keeps giving an error that it can’t find my Hub 4. I’ve uninstalled/ reinstalled the app on my phone, rebooted the hub, check cabling etc but no joy. Internet is working fine. Can anyone please help?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If they can defeat other attempts to do this then I am afraid the connect App will be of little help - it is also poor in this regard.

Putting the Hub into modem with your own better quality router would do it far better.  But even then there is little that can defeat a really tech savvy teenager on this one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

The parental control you are looking for is called education on acceptable internet usage.

It is not much different than the parental controls applied to taking food from the fridge.