cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red light on Virgin HUB3

pberhane
Joining in

Hello,

I had my Virgin Hub3 for at least three or more years and few weeks ago it started showing a solid RED light. My first impression was that it will go away by itself in a day or two and when it didn't I searched on the Virgin support. I followed some instructions such as switching the hub for 15mins and reseting it using a pin, etc. The hub isn't that hot and sits where it was over the years so something isn't right. I would like someone 'Tech' to come and replace it please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

cohnen
Joining in

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Hub3.0 for the past few weeks and have gone through the troubleshooting steps listed on the site. If someone could please assist us with this it would be appreciated.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @pberhane 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you so much again for posting. Can I ask if you have been able to try the pin hole reset at all as advised by Adduxi?

Hello Ash,

Yes I did follow all the required instructions from Virgin such as switching it off for over 15mins, check if its abnormally hot, reset the small button using a pin and none of these made a difference. The overall functionality of the hub seems to be fine, I checked download/upload speed using the WiFi and all ok.

The hub has been at the same place and position over the years and nothing has changed in my living room.

It does look like it needs replacing please.

Thank you.

Mr. P Berhane

Hey @pberhane,

Thanks for getting back to us, with this we would now need to look into sending out a technician for you to go about replacing this, for me to go about doing this, I will need to go about sending you a private message.

Joe