cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Light on Hub 3 - already tried the remedies

safdarmirza
Joining in

I seem to be having issues with my VM Hub 3. I've had connectivity issues lately, where the connection would drop randomly and at the worst possible times (doesn't help with working from home). When I checked the router I noted it has a solid red light.

I have already read all the suggested solutions, as well as researched the issue. Consequently I've followed the instructions already, however the solid red line is here to stay it seems. Here's what I've already tried:

1. Switched the hub off at the power supply and waited a few minutes

2. Checked all wires were firmly connected 

3. Hub placed in open space. It was already away from heat sources and with a decent airflow, and has been this way for several months.

4. Reset the hub by pushing the reset button on the back

Despite all of the above, the solid red light is still on.

Can I get some help with this please? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Solid red light means the Hub will need replacing - a VM person will respond here and sort that for you.

However its unlikely that your connection issues are related to that - more likely to be a network connection problem - but is it simply wifi ?

So, are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

I would only ever use an ethernet cable connected device for work related connections - wifi is just too flaky.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @safdarmirza,. and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the red light on the Hub 3.0, and thank you for attempting to fix this in your own time.

Check our the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'd be happy to look into this for you

Thanks,

David_Bn