cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed on PC

dickeverard
On our wavelength

I now have a new Hub 3 with 350 Mbps.  I am getting speeds on my mobile of abot 250 Mbps near the hub and pretty good round tge rest of the house (I have 3 pods).  However the speed on my PC which is connected by Ethernet cable is only 100 Mbps.  Why isn't it nearer 250 Mbps?

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

Does you PC reach about 90 Mb/s on the downstream ?

If yes it is limited by a network connection at 100Mb/s, this may be a network controller that is a 10/100Mb/s type
or perhaps by a faulty cable that linking at (or regressing to) 100Mb/s.

Both the VM Hub and the PC can display the link speed, it would be worth checking to find out what is happening.

Thanks, just tested the speed and getting 111Mbps download.  How do I find the link speed?

Hi just found the Link speed this is 1000Mbps so ithat isn't the problem.

Client62
Legend

Yes the link speed is fine.

Use this test to verify the speed to the VM Hub is as expected.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/
Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

If the speed to the Hub is as expected and the PC is still slow,
retest with the PC booted into Safe Mode + Networking.

Often the PC or laptop's software complement or antivirus suite can be the issue
and in Safe Mode the result improves by a decent amount.

dickeverard
On our wavelength

Thanks, yes I use Samknows and Hub Speed is as expected about 385Kbps.  I will try safe mode but I don't want to have to operate in Safe Mode permanently.

Client62
Legend

Quite, Safe Mode is just a way to learn what he PC hardware can do or if the limits lie elsewhere.

Jacevoor77
Up to speed

is your ethernet cable in the top port off the superhub 3 as mine does that sets it at 100 not 1000 like the other 3 lan ports

these hubs are faulty 

I had a new Hub 5 installed today and note the PC speed is now up to 125Mbps.  It is connected to the 2nd port.

Client62
Legend

So it is a problem with the PC or is there a Powerline extender involved ?