cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same problem repeated. Cannot connect to HUB 4 using 192.168.0.1 or use VM connect

pat_slimboyfat
Joining in

Anyone,

I am sorry for the rant but I am at my wits end and its sent my anxiety through the roof.

I have the same issue as many other forum users. Hub 4 wont connect. Cannot get into the settings on 4 different computers. 5 different browsers. Worst of all VM connect wont work. So neither does my Wifi Pod I was sent to try and fix the Wifi MAX guarantee.

For clarity. I have spoken to VM on the phone. We went through 2 hours on the phone of troubleshooting and at the end they agreed to send a new hub. It was the same Hub 4 which is exactly the same issues as the first one I had and I a no better off. 

This is making me ill that this cant be fixed. I am not the best at computers and this is really stressing.

I have done multiple resets on this router and the old one. I have tried incognito mode on browsers, I have cleared caches. You name it I have done it multiple times on multiple brands of company, dell and apple on multiple phones and ipads samsung and apple. 

I am at my wits end with this and ready to call trading standards. I am paying for something I just simply cannot use and I have to waste my time going over the same scripted responses which result in exactly the same results.

Please help me resolve this once and for all. 

Ian

10 REPLIES 10

Subra87
Tuning in

https://19216811.uno/virgin-media-router-login/ try that I was able to get into my hub 5 using it

Client62
Alessandro Volta

The exact same issue hits the replacement Hub 4 ...i.e. the fault can easily be reproduced.

The common factor in all posts on this exact topic is the customer always mentions
the VM Connect app is installed on one or more of their devices.

Thanks but same problem. When using that way the password on the bottom of the router doesn’t work. I am still at a loss. This second router keeps dropping connection to everything attached its worse than the first one. When will Virgin chime in and resolve it like they do with everyone else?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If password don't work you need a new hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

when you try to go to 192.168.0.1 , does it not load at all? 

Yes it loads, but its now saying the password to access 192.168.0.1 does not work.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

What about the password from the previous hub?  There are reports in the Forum that the old settings are transferred to a new hub.  Long shot, though.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

I forgot where I read it (very recently) - but one person said it was the wretched CONNECT app that held the settings; another said VM centrally.  I didn't believe the latter, but the former - well anything is possible. Except that the wretched CONNECT app and the nice Hub 4 aren't best of friends.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Already sent it back to VM and its not on the stickers they provided so I am really stumped.