cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received

smithy01793
On our wavelength

Hi all so had a lot of these pop up in the logs yesterday morning early. 

Along with

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

Could someone please explain what they mean. I have tried to find out my self before posting but getting different answers to them each time. 

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Alessandro Volta

For us sprays of log entries usually match some kind of local maintenance or a new customer connection.

OK thanks 

Hello smithy01793

Sorry to hear of the connection issues experienced, we appreciate you raising them via the forums.

We have checked all of the connections and equipment, everything appears to be within the ranges and spec's we'd expect to see. The speeds are also fine at 1137mbps download and 100mbps upload.

There was a short disconnection early on Saturday but prior to that it was Tuesday of last week. Have you noticed these differences and an improvement?

I keep getting random lag spikes and packet drops. 

Hello smithy01793

Thanks for replying, sorry to hear you're still getting random lag spikes and packet drops. Are the happenig over a wired or wireless device?

Do you have any 3rd party boosters set up at all?

Gareth_L

smithy01793
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth. 

This is in a wired connection 2.5gig port on hub to my 10gig port on my machine. 

No firewall or AV interference on this. 

Using a cat 6a cable same stuff I use in a data center at work. Completely isolated from power cables where possible as well.

This happens on a veritable collection of software and applications. 

From good old games to database applications to standard video calls to America etc. 

Tried on EU. Asia and America jump servers. 

It seems to be when putting the hub/connection under load.

Cheers Tom 

smithy01793
On our wavelength

I have noticed when the tests I have done. When the Internet connection is roughly at its max and then trying to perform other things it would seem the hub is suffering from buffer bloat to excessive amounts.

This may just be a limitation of the hardware. 

smithy01793
On our wavelength

If so I will just look in to a 3rd party device. 

Hi @smithy01793,

Thank you for expanding. It appears that you're already speaking with one of my colleagues via private message regarding your concerns. Please respond to their last message, if you haven't already, and they'll assist you further in due course.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!