cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Am I entitled to get an upgrade from Super Hub 2?

mejaybee
On our wavelength

Hi,

I also have a superhub 2 and have been experiencing the connection dropping intermittently.  I play competitive bridge online and It was very frustrating recently as I was continually having to log in to the site in the middle of hands being played, not the first time that has happened and not good for the concentration.  I'm convinced it's down to the hub, as a friend had a similar problem which disappeared when his hub was upgraded.  I've just renewed my contract and hoped that a new hub might be incorporated but there is no mention of it.  I guess if it continues I'll just have to keep putting messages in the online bridge game chat box that the disruption is not down to me but to Virgin whereas up to now I've just said that I've got connection problems!  Needless to say I've followed all the suggested checks, moved things around, switched off what could be conflicts when I want to use the computer, all that shouldn't be necessary.

I've tried contacting Virgin via phone and online chat to ask about the possibility of a new hub without success. The online chat was singularly unsuccessful as it eventually channelled responses in the direction of technical problems, then asked me to sign in and confirm which I did and we came to a dead end because it just kept reverting to asking me to sign in and confirm yet again, and again and again, a technical problem in its own right!!

So still don't know how to get a new hub.

5 REPLIES 5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mejaybee,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you have been having some issues with your Hub 2, I can see you have been in contact with our team since your post. Has this all been sorted for you?
Thanks,

Zoie

mejaybee
On our wavelength

See my post under Networking & Wi-fi, title Superhub2+booster+ethernet

Thanks

Jo

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mejaybee wrote:

See my post under Networking & Wi-fi, title Superhub2+booster+ethernet

Thanks

Jo

Please do not double post as it makes following the issue very difficult. 

As for the Hub 2, yes it should be replaced.  They are obsolete now as they only use 8 channels, and cannot make use of the VM infrastructure.  You should have at least a Hub 3 now, and I would expect the replacement to be FOC

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mejaybee
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie, update to my earlier reply - the pc now connects to the net via ethernet 2G automatically, 5G auto would be better as other equipment uses 2G.  Other views seem to be that the hub 2 needs replacing

Jo

Thanks for letting us know I will send you a PM to see what we can do for you.

Please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?