cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port - make payment for extra port?

Topsyjojo
Joining in

Please how do I make payment for extra port?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Topsyjojo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Can you please expand on what specifically you are requesting? Do you mean an additional line into the property?

^Martin

I have the VM black hub and I connect a WiFi cable to it, to aid my work.

The cable runs from the sitting room downstairs to my office upstairs. I was advised I could get up to 3 ports based on my VM package and the ports would be fixed to all the rooms, including my office so I don't have to run a WiFi cable from downstairs to my office upstairs.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The Hub has four ethernet ports. You can connect ethernet cables to all of them. You do not have to pay extra for this. 

But Virginmedia will not fit those cables. You must do this yourself or get a friend or electrician to do it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are thinking to use WiFi instead of a wired Ethernet connection for your machine, DON’T DO IT. Ethernet cables devises are much better than WiFi.  

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

If you were advised by VM that they would install cabling to allow you to use the wired ports on the Hub then you were advised incorrectly. If you were advised that the Hub has ports so that you can arrange your own data cabling installation then that was correct.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Or this could be typical nonsense from offshore sales. You can have additional coaxial outlets, but these are meant for TV boxes, not so that you can move the hub around the house. Multiple splitting like this can cause more problems than it solves so is not recommended. Far better to leave the hub where it is & install Ethernet distribution as described in the posts above. Most TV antenna contractors will do Ethernet distribution jobs if you don’t want to tackle it yourself.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Do you mean the WiFi pods by any chance https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi Topsyjojo, 

Thanks for coming back to us, I think we all need a little more clarity on what you want. 

I'm thinking you mean WIFI Pods via our WIFI MAX Scheme as you've mentioned the below - 

I was advised I could get up to 3 ports based on my VM package and the ports would be fixed to all the rooms, including my office so I don't have to run a WiFi cable from downstairs to my office upstairs.

Please have a look at these links below to see if you meant WIFI Pods - 

If I'm correct in my understanding and you do want to order your first pod, please let us know and we can get it set up for you 🤗

If that's not what you meant, then we may need a little more clarity on what you want 😁

Thanks,

Meg