cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation PS4 connection issues

TheWelshWonder
Joining in

Hi there 

New to VM and have set up all the equipment successfully and have TV and other devices set up on WiFi and the LAN. When I’ve connected my sons  PS4 neither the LAN or WiFi are connecting and comes up with an error message. As we still have our old provider for another day or so I plugged it back in to the old LAN and works fine, so there is an issue between the PS4 and the hub. I’m loathed to change too many settings as I’m waiting for the WIFI  pod boosters from Virgin. 

any help gratefully appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Perhaps the problem is the PS4 - in its network settings make sure that it does not have a static IP set that works fine with the previous ISP's Router but is not in the range of the VM Hub.

Also look at the PS4 DNS settings, if these have IPs that belong to the previous ISP those will not be available via VM.  If specified DNS are preferred use : 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as this will work and will bypass VM Child Safe.

VM Child Safe - this should be disabled from the Virgin Media online account  ( it is not a VM Hub setting ) but it will block access to office VPNs / Zoom / Whatsapp / Social Media / Video Games / TV streaming / 18+ content.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Perhaps the problem is the PS4 - in its network settings make sure that it does not have a static IP set that works fine with the previous ISP's Router but is not in the range of the VM Hub.

Also look at the PS4 DNS settings, if these have IPs that belong to the previous ISP those will not be available via VM.  If specified DNS are preferred use : 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as this will work and will bypass VM Child Safe.

VM Child Safe - this should be disabled from the Virgin Media online account  ( it is not a VM Hub setting ) but it will block access to office VPNs / Zoom / Whatsapp / Social Media / Video Games / TV streaming / 18+ content.

Thank you so much… it was the child safe option that was the issue. I disabled it and we’re working now. 

thanks for the swift reply 🙏