cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage

wilber_force
Superfast

I got a text earlier today to alert me of a service outage in my area.

I then got an update to advise me that VM were fixing  the issue.

I then got a text to let me know all was sorted.

Sadly this is NOT the case as even though I have restarted both my router and my tivo box, I still have nothing, not even the landline is working.

What I can't find out is what is happening and when it REALLY IS going to be sorted. I don't even know how  widespread the issue is. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should always try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wilber_force 

Welcome back to our community forums. Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your service on Saturday. We can understand the frustration caused. I have had a look into the service and I can see the service is up and running again. I am also unable to see a local fault affecting the broadband in this way. Is the issue still ongoing on your side? Do you need any further help with this? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As you say, all services are back.

My issue is that VM told me at 18:46 that all services were fixed, but they were not as I gave up with anything VM related about half 10 that night.

It transpires that a car driver managed to flatten a VM switch box in a street somewhere in the area, but that is from a third party.

Hi wilber_force, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming that things are resolved for you now. 

Any fix times noted are only estimates based on the information we have at the time. 😔 Whilst we work hard to meet them, sometimes we need to extend them and this is unavoidable. We do try and make sure the information we're giving is correct and I can only apologise that you didn't get the most up to date information. 

We will pass this over to the relevant teams for them to take on board the feedback and apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs