cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a WiFi pod

Andy-Smith1
Joining in

I am a Volt customer and therefore am eligible for the WiFi Max guarantee.

For the last 2 weeks I have recorded intermittent connection and slow speeds in one room in my property.

I have called multiple times but no effort has been made to order a WiFi pod for me to rectify this issue. Instead you simply suggest I wait to see if the problem resolves itself (it doesn't).

I then raised a complaint and the response to my complaint was to call customer services. I explained that I have already done this and no resolution has been provided and have since been ignored.

I then posted a poor review of Virgin Media on trustpilot because of this experience. The suggestion on the response to this review was to order a WiFi pod through the VM Connect app, but in the current android version of the VM connect app there is no way to order a WiFi pod.

I am posting to this forum to provide Virgin with yet another channel to find an amicable resolution to this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andy-Smith1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to order our WiFi Max for the one room you have a low WiFi connection in. what speed Broadband are you getting in that room?

Have you tried running checks using our Connect App?

Regards

Paul.

Yes I have. Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot_20231217-223607.png

Because the room is a blackspot, I can't connect to my hub from inside it.

On some rare occasions, I am able to connect.

Here is a screenshot from one of these occasions:

Screenshot_20231216-095548.png

Despite the speed being under the 30Mbps threshold, there is no way for me to order a WiFi pod through the VM connect app.

Hi @Andy-Smith1 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies you are having issues with the signal strength around your home. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina