cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Wi-Fi pods

Ucameron
Tuning in

I have the old VM Boosters but I have run the speed test via the Connect App and have two black spots in my flat (< 2Mbps). The App and advice says I can get the new Wifi pods free, but I cannot find anywhere on the App where there is an option to order them. How do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ucameron 

Please see this message from the <<< pinned post >>> for help in ordering the wifi pods

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ucameron 

Please see this message from the <<< pinned post >>> for help in ordering the wifi pods

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ucameron
Tuning in

Yes I saw that thanks and am waiting for VM to contact me back. It’s frustrating when one part of their network says you can order via the Connect App once you’ve down a speed test around your home, but there’s no facility to actually do that!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ucameron 

You might have more success testing using the Connect app if you follow the instructions provided by @John_GS Staff Forum Team <<< Here >>> 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Ucameron
Tuning in

I looked at that and had already scanned every room with the Connect App, but the “optimise wifi” option  wasn’t evident. I’ll give them a call 👍

Hi @Ucameron 👋.

Thanks for reaching out, apologies in the delayed response. Are you still having ongoing issues with this or has it been resolved since Monday? Please let us know.

Sabrina

chriszzzzzz
Tuning in

I have had no joy in getting an order for a pod put in. It's like Virgin don't want to give them out...

I would appreciate any help in getting one. I've checked the speeds via the app and in the one area I have from nothing to 15mbs and in between. I am on the Gigabit package.

Hi there @chriszzzzzz 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have also faced an issue ordering a Pod. Can I ask if you have been able to run checks via the app following these steps: 

·         Tap Start the scan
·         Then Start the scan again
·         While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready
·         Wait 2 mintues for Scan
·         Scan complete, Tap continue
·         Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in
·         Start the Scan (do this in every room)
·         Scan complete
·         Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option
·         If so, Tap Optimise
·         Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room, 
·         Tap Start Scan
·         Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

gav_hay
Up to speed

I'm also having the same difficulties getting a WiFi pod. I'm on the gigabyte package and when I scan in my living room, I rarely get more than 15mbs. When I use the VM Connect app to request a pod, I end up on a screen telling me to call VM. When I call (and I've tried several times) no one seems to be willing to send me a WiFi pod. Can someone from VM private message me so I can get this sorted out. Thanks.

Thanks for coming back to us gav_hay. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L