cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to order WiFi pods

idj1
Joining in

I have the same problem.  It is ridiculous that you are publicising on the web that you can order a WiFi pod through the app when you can't actually do it! I have extremely poor signal in a couple of rooms and the app offers advice that you need a WiFi pod then links you to the website which then directs you back to the app etc etc as noted by all the posters here.  L

Story so far.....

- I spoke to customer services - they promised to send a WiFi pod.  They didn't.  This was now around 2 months ago!

- I called back a few weeks ago and asked them to review the original call and send the pod.  I was quoted 5-7 days but not heard anything for weeks

- I scanned one particular problem room on the Connect app to start with (Bedroom) - it consistently shows a very slow connection (c. 6mb) when it works at all.  It says - you need a WiFi pod but it doesn't give the option to order directs you to website info, which sends you back to the app. And so on back and forth.

- it seems to me that Virginmedia having offered this service as part of my contract is deliberately trying to renege on your contractual commitments to reduce costs when you have just increased my bill by well above the rate of inflation.

Could you please make good on our contract and help me order a WiFi pod? The current situation is ridiculous also - why are you advising you can order one on the app when this is patently untrue as noted here by many posters.

Appreciate if you can resolve this and stop sending me round in circles.

Thanks

Ian

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @idj1 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I can see you've ordered a Pod since posting.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.
Keep us posted if you need further help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

idj1
Joining in

Thanks John. 

Yes I did eventually manage to get Customer Services to order one for me, but not before 2 months of hassle, Customer Services promised to order one around 2 months ago, then didn't.  I chased it up a couple of weeks later, they confirmed it wasn't done and I asked could they listen to the original call, confirm they agreed it was promised and send me one, was quoted 5-7 working days. 3 weeks later, nothing, no contact one way or another.  And now to add insult to injury as noted above your VM Connect app (which you guys must surely be aware of) does NOT allow you to order Wifi pods even though you publicise on the web it does. No matter how slow the bandwidth (I have 3 tests in one room, 6Mbps download/ 1Mbps upload, 6 Mbps download/ 6Mbps up, 27Mbps download / 15 Mbps up, it doesn't offer it.  What it does it to present a link 'Find out more about Wi-fi pods', which links to the website, where you also can't order one but it sends you back to the App!!!  In desperation I posted here, then gave CS one last try and fortunately spoke to someone very helpful who sorted this. I did point out all the problems I had had so that may have helped.  Either way it should not be this difficult and it seems looking on here that this is affecting a lot of customers who are receiving a poor service in this regard.

Do you have any feedback on this or if not can you share with your colleagues as it seems to me you guys are trying to reduce the amount of Wifi pods sent out (poss cost saving) and make the process as difficult as possible when actually under Wifi max this is something your customers are entitled to.  Also, I would accept that further pods (2,3 4 etc) perhaps should go through a more stringent process with Cust Servs to avoid abuse, but to have to go through this just to get the first wifi pod, when unless one lives in a one bedroom flat, most people do have at least one room that the VM hub doesn't manage to get a good signal to, seems unfair to your customers.

Thanks 

Hi @idj1 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. The app does allow you to order Pods but apologies in this case it didn't.

I can assure you there's no policy in place to stop the ordering of any Pods, they are sent if needed.

Please ensure you follow the guidance above with Pods but let us know if you need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sorry to jump on this post but like IDJ1 has said the VM Connect doesn’t provide an option to order a WiFi pod for me either. My issue is the same….complete the scan, recommends a pod but only provides a link to “learn more” about WiFi pods

Thanks for reaching out to us @Jssbrdgs, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had when trying to order a Wi-Fi pod.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'd be happy to look into this for you

Thanks,

David_Bn