cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Xbox S will not connect to Hub 5 network

xbox_down
Joining in

Help!

My Daughters Xbox S suddenly stopped connecting to the Wireless network broadcast from my Virgin Hub 5. I tried connecting it into the back of the Hub 5 using an ethernet connection and it produces the same DHCP error. 

I've pin reset my hub, power recycled the Xbox, exchanged the Xbox for a new one and concluded it's something to do with the Virgin Network.

All other devices in the house work fine, including my son's older Xbox. I've literally no idea what else to try.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

WW

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

"suddenly stopped connecting & DHCP errors"

This is what one might see if Wi-Fi Pausing or MAC Filtering has been used.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

However the OP has done a pinhole reset and swapped the XBox for a different one. ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

I often think 90% of console fails to connect are Mummy or Nanny wants Johnny to crack on with homework !

Thanks Adduxi. Any suggestions on how I might fix this? Or get someone from Virginmedia tagged into the thread?

Hi Becky, did you ever get this resolved? I've just posted a similar / if not the same issue. Out the blue [I assume after a remote s/w upgrade from Virgin], my daughters brand new x-box s wouldn't connect to the wifi, reporting a DHCP error. I've tried literally everything, including returning the x-box and getting a replacement! Through a process of elimination I'm now 100% confident this is a virgin media hub 5 issue. Fingers crossed you got it sorted and I can take the same course of action. Best wishes, Warren

Hi Rebecca, not sure of my lest message sent. Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue and have eliminated all causes, boiling out down to the Hub5 and the wifi network it manages. Help : - )

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Connect the Xbox to the Hub with a direct wired connection. Make sure the WiFi on the Xbox is disabled. What exactly does the error say when you try to connect?

If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks