cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft teams now suffering from lag and interruption every 15 seconds.

kieranarstall
On our wavelength

Internet speeds are fine but latency is poor, this has been happening to all VM customers in the London area for a few days now. Initially affecting gaming with stutter lag and catch ups but now is impacting my work week with teams audio and video cutting out for a second each 5 seconds or so. 

It's becoming difficult to work as a lot of my work involved presentations over teams. 

No comments from VM on this despite it affecting a large portion of the customer base. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issue impacting Virgin Media users in the UK is FIXED as of 30 minutes ago. Thanks again to everyone that helped report this problem and provided us with the info that we needed to push for resolution! 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Looks like this one is at Teams's end. 

Screenshot_20231113-102739.png

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

hbfblog
Joining in

I have check Teams' status - it says there's no issue. My first Teams call of the day was a laggy mess. High packet loss all weekend, no one from VM seems to acknowledge anything is going on. Can't even log a fault with them as I just round in circles. USELESS. 

CoolNerdDude
Tuning in

I am a MSFT engineer. I found that Virgin Media traffic is having issues with all Azure-hosted properties as part of an xCloud investigation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xcloud/s/MKFoPbe9Kj

I've escalated this issue internally with the right people. Will post an update once it's resolved 🙂

Cool spot CoolNerdDude. Please keep us updated. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Issue impacting Virgin Media users in the UK is FIXED as of 30 minutes ago. Thanks again to everyone that helped report this problem and provided us with the info that we needed to push for resolution! 🙂

Was this on VM's side?