cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issues with connection - DNS Issues and packet loss

Danbeasant
Joining in

Been having major issues with our connection the last few days. I have checked service status and it doesnt show issues with broadband. I ran diagnostics and it sent a factory reset, which did nothing to help. When I ran a connection test again, I got a message saying "there is an intermittent issue with the connection to your equipment". I rang VM and the call centre guy said he tested it and there are no issues. He suggests waiting for 48 hours to see if it resolves itself. I explained its already been 48 hours since it started, but he wouldnt accept that. Apparently they cannot even look at doing anything with the ticket for 48 hours. Not sure how it would resolve itself without VM intervention. When I mentioned the message from the web test, he said he couldn't see this at all. Our internet is not usable at the moment. When I have looked into this, I am seeing major issues with virgin DNS not resolving as well, when I am connected. I've changed to google dns to test if that helps. How can VM suggest just wait for 48 hours, before reporting it. Do I just have to wait for 48 hours with no internet to get a ticket raised?

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Share the stats of the Packet Loss to the Hub and device using:
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/
Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

Be more specific about the DNS issues:
+ which DNS is being used ?
+ what is it not doing ?
+ what errors are being seen ? ( screen shot /exact wording )

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danbeastant,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having. 

We are happy to take a look into this. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details.

^Martin